Friday, August 19, 2005

Twister...

So yeah.. the best laid plans for a nice dinner and an hour of trashy reality tv dashed.

We had be waiting for Thursdays episode of Big Brother since Tuesdays finished. We had planned ahead what to eat for dinner and everything was set... Except of course for the severe weather alerts. There was weather coverage straight from 5pm and they really didn't cover anything but the storm systems moving through south central Wisconsin. They have all this fancy new weather equiptment that can show you the "rotations" that cause tornados on channel 9. So when they said that people around our town should take cover I went to go tell Chris since he was outside getting ready to grill pork steaks for our dinner salad. He wasn't in the back and I saw him in the front yard looking at the sky and coming quickly around to the back and looking back up at the sky. I guess he saw the swirling clouds dropping... He said we should go down to the basement, and we did. We had brought a radio down to the basement and eventually founf a news station with coverage of the weather emergency. Shortly after we went back up stairs. The cable tv and internet were out so we got the old antenna out and struggled to geta station to come in clearly. By thn it was over and we saw on tv that the north west end of town like 15 houses were flattened and more than 50 were severly damaged. The fottage is pretty incredible... still so surreal. If I didn't have the baby I would totally go volunteer to help. Right now I can barely have a shower every couple of days...

In other news...

Iris had a one month check up and was up to 9lbs 6oz! She is getting so big! No days have been as bad as when I wrote my last post. She is also 22" which puts her in the 90th percentile for her age. She's a very tall girl. :D I really think she is not getting enough sleep during the day... and not enough at night for me...

EEEP! It's time for her to eat ~ again.

<< Home