Tuesday, August 09, 2005

*sigh.

After a 5 hour sleep, a 45 minute feeding, a two hour sleep, an hour feeding and a fitful hour and a half sleep; the baby has been up all day. Since just after 9am Iris has done nothing but eat, cry and produce mind bogglingly large poo after poo. Everything a baby should do but sleep.

I'm still in my pj's, pj's with a coffee stain and drops of detergent. It is 5:41pm. The baby is crying and I am having my first glass of wine in 10 months. I"ve had a couple sips and I feel better already. I wonder if she will sleep when this wine hits the milk. I wonder if she will sleep tonight.

I am trying to decide if this is the 3 week growth spurt or if she just really wants me to have no nipples left. I never thought I'd be talking about nipples in my blog. Or be topless around as many family members as I have been lately... but hey... a lot of things are different now. Chris went upstairs to change her diaper, she continues to cry.

What fun newborns are.

<< Home