Monday, July 04, 2005

Invasion of the JULY people.

There are sure a lot of people I know with birthdays in July. Nikki on Sunday, Kev today and then the myriad of by marriage family, my own mother and my cousin Todd. Now, barring unacceptable tardiness on the baby's part, the new baby as well. We would really like it if the baby would come on the 15th. My mom's birthday is that day and she was born on her grandmothers birthday. (I'm sure I have mentioned that before.)

It's been raining all day. Thunder storms from very early and then on again off again humid tropical rain. I really hope it is finished for the day so we can watch fireworks later. I LOVE fireworks.

OK... so it is now the next day. I'll try and wrap this up.

They set off fire works down the road from us at Dunkirk Park. It's the only time of year people park on the street by my house. We go out in the canoe on the river to watch them. There are no obstructions, just fireworks exploding in the sky framed by the trees on either side and reflecting in the river. I have no idea why more people don't do this. Some of you may remember that I'm supposed to have a baby in just over 2 weeks, so getting in a canoe is a little challenging. We agreed that I would get in the canoe on shore and then Chris would push the canoe in. Well, the river is really low, and full over broken glass and other various trash from the last 100 years. Also, the bank is steep. Being pushed into the river ends up more like pushing the tip of the canoe into the river. No water actually came in the canoe, but I screamed and was trying to keep balance and pulled a muscle in my stomach trying to steady myself. After the fireworks, getting out was no better. he pulled the canoe half way out and it was so tippy and unstable I freaked out again and walked like a crab backwards over my canoe seat to get out. That wasn't easy and I am really not very flexible, but there was no freaking way I was going to let him try to pull me all the way out the way the canoe was tipping back and forth. I am terrified of that water. I hope it never comes in contact with my skin, who know's what might happen to me.

Stayed up too late, slept horribly. Just wait till the next post.

PS: I was balancing the checkbook yesterday and I could barely write anything in. My middle finger and ring finger are numb all the time. I assume it's from the baby cutting off circulation or something like that. It's awful and I want it to stop.

<< Home