Thursday, May 19, 2005

They like me! They really like me!

Well, I think so anyway.

I had a staff meeting at 7:30 this morning. When we have these early morning meetings Jane picks me up on here way, usually about 7:15am. When we arrived Jane asked if I had an agenda yet.. I didn't and went over to check in my email to print out one for each of us. I wondered aloud if there would be any treats down stairs. Jane dragged me over to childrens to show me some posters she had done for the summer reading program. Cathie was upstairs too, all smiles. We finished up up stairs and headed down to the meeting room. I peeked in teh break room to check for snacks ( i'm pregnant, snacks are my friend) and there wasn't anything. Not that it really bothered me because I had just finished a big bowl of cereal before I left home.

So i am walking to ward the meeting room and I see that nearly everyone is there, then I see a table filled with snacks and ( wow, a lot of snacks at this meeting) finally, a table filled with gift bags. Slowely it dawns on me... Wait a minute, I'm getting a baby shower after all. Those library ladies are sneaky! So the first half hour of the meeting was gifts and eating. I ( the baby) recieved a lot of stuff!~ I should be able to make it through the first day with 8 changes of clothes. It was really nice. I had daydreamed about them maybe giving me one, but I never expected this. I LOVE surprises. :D

Since the last post I had a dr's appointment and found out everything is just fine. I'm not even anemic like 90% of pregnant women at my dr's office are. Yay me! I've gained 21 lbs with 9 weeks to go and in general I feel really good. I am getting uncomfortable at night, and getting full more easily so I feel sort of like I'm about to explode sometimes. I guess the baby is crowding out my stomach.

I think I'm going to go take a mini nap and rest up for work this afternoon.

Plus, I need to write a thankyou card to the library ladies. Is one for the whole group enough?

~ciao

<< Home