Saturday, July 23, 2005

I guess I spoke too soon...

Hi everyone!

Well I don't have much time so I'll be brief. My Mom was suppoes to arrive around 11:30pm tuesday night. He plane was delayed and she thought she would be here around 1:30am. She arrived at 2:30am and I felt a little crampy. By 3:00am the cramps seems to get stronger and subside and I layed down and timed the time from start to start. After an hour they were averaged to about 5 minutes apart. I called triage at the hospital to ask a few questions. Since it was my first pregnancy they said it could still be a long time. I woke Chris up at 4:30 to time them for me. They were increasing in intensity and the spacing was correct for me to think about heading to the hospital. We ran around trying to get organized and packing stuff to take.

We arrived at the hospital right about 7am. They checked me and I was 2-3cm dialated and told me to walk te halls for an hour and they would check me again. We walked 40 minutes and I was really in to much pain to go on so the triage nurse checked me again. I was at 5cm. 20 minutes later I was at 8-9cm and it became clean that I would not be getting an epidural or any kind of pain medicine. They wheeled me down a floor to a birthing room and nearly right away I started to push. An hour later our daughter was born.

At 10:22am on Wednesday,July 20th 2005
Iris Evelyn Farrer Bukrey was born.
7 pounds 5oz.
19" long.


and did I mention... WITH no DRUGS! Chris was a life saver with helping me breath at the pointin my life when I was the most terrified. All the nurses said I was very lucky that my labour went so fast. I did not feel lucky at the time.

I'll write more when I have time... and I'm less of a zombie. This is such a Huge transition for me especially.

Look forward to talking again when I get adjusted.

-Sarah

<< Home