Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pregnant pause...

I'm pausing... waiting for an indication to move on. And waiting. And waiting.

I've had a recent increase of this particular symptom that I'm not at all fond of. What is it??? Well, the uncanny ability to choke on whatever I'm drinking or my own saliva when I am laying down. I'm not sure why the brain is getting messages to open up the lungs while I drink a glass of water but wow is it ever annoying.

I read the threads at the birth board I have been going to for nearly 6 months and these crazed pregnant women are all gung ho on taking castor oil and different herbs trying to induce labour and have their babies early. While I would not have minded having this baby a little early, it's now so close that I guess I just wait and see. Over reacting about every little symptom blah blah blah. Not all of them are like this mind you, but a lot are really losing their minds.

I really don't like leaving the house for public places now. People stare, I feel awkward and huge. God help anyone that dare say something like that to me though. I can't say whether they would incur my wrath or my tears. I'm all over the place. My Mother arrives late tonight. I hope that goes smoothly. I hope she doesn't say anything to upset me as I am a tad on edge.

I also have some pregnancy ADD going on. For example, I have a DVD on pause while I write this. A while before that I paused it while I talked to Chris on the phone for a bit. I need to vacuum and do some last minute tidying before my Mom arrives.. But I can't really get myself to do it yet. So I keep floating back and forth from laying on the sofa trying to watch this movie. I'm not into the movie... I am coming to the conclusion that it really isn't that good. Any one else have an opinion of "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"?

To top everything off, all I got in the mail today was a phone bill. Not even junk mail for me to shred. My mom has to return her rental car to Rockford tomorrow. I really don't want to drive on the highway alone... Well at all if I want to be completely honest. I am going to see if Chris will miss part of his work day to do it. I'm just to pregnant, hormonal and distracted to take my first venture out on to the interstate.

Blah. Off to do something, for a little while at least. Then, maybe more of that movie.

Ugh, I just choked on my saliva again as it tried to swallow. ( Insert scream here)

<< Home