Thursday, July 07, 2005

Feet up, or else.

I'm cut off. I wasn't allowed to go to work today, I'm supposed to rest until the baby comes. My blood pressure is up, not like scary high, but a bit higher than I am usually. So, I'm supposed to elevate my feet and relax and drink water etc. I have to do a 24 hr urine test which involves me saving all my pee for 24 hours in a jug in the fridge. You know, next to the yogurt... Followed by another dr's appointment on Monday. Probably it's nothing, but they are making sure I don't have gestational hypertension or pre-eclampsia. If I end up having pre-eclampsia then they'll induce me. Which I would not mind at all. Mostly I think that I have really bad swelling in my feet, ankles and legs and they will like the fact that I won't be on my feet for 4 or 5 hours at a time. I shouldn't be on the computer either. I should be on the sofa with a book.

I doubt I have either of the things they are testing for, but I will try and do what my mother-in-law says and enjoy the peace and quiet while I can. If only I didn't have to get up so often to pee...

<< Home