Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Working Mom

Well, it's true. I am back at work. It's really not all that terrible. It's more of a logistics thing. For example, how many times will Iris eat while at daycare and how rock hard my boobs will be and how much searing pain I'll be experiencing til we both get home and I get some relief while she eats. So far it isn't that bad. Monday Chris came home early because he wasn't feeling well, so I cancelled the sitter and he watched her the whole time. I wasn't really worried, this made it a lot easier to transition into Tuesday where I had to drive her somewhere and leave her there.

I was excited to see her when I was done work 4.5 hours later. However, while at work I did have to talk about her to a few of the regular patrons who noted that I was back and how was that baby. To which I gushed that she was great! and Huge and I couldn't wait till 12:30 so I could go pick her up and rub my lips against the top of her head. (Which is really growing back hair now, thank you very much)I didn't actually mentiont he whole lip rubbing thing, I suppose not everyone does that... and wants to nibble on those velvety soft apple cheeks. *sigh. It's official. I love this baby... Most of the time.

After arriving at daycare and seeing that she had a pretty bassinette in the main room with her name on it, the day care ladies told me how she had been so great! They hand me a sheet with what happened to her today. (ate 3oz at 11:00, one diaper change)I get one of these sheets everytime I pick her up. I will know everything that happens while she is at daycare! Every pee, poop and feed. Yay. Almost like being there, except I'm not. Really though, the worst part about it was that I drive to work now instead of walking and we aren't allowed to park in the library lot (during the day) so I had to park like 2 blocks away and I was like a minute late. No matter, I'll be faster next time.

Last night she was especially gassy and subsequently very cranky. She stopped crying only while eating. So she was really unhappy when I sat her up to burp her between slurps.

I bought a lot of 20 shirts on ebay on the weekend and that was at the back door when I got home yesterday as well. Twenty shirts for fifty dollars. Can you say BARGAIN! Wee, and although I haven't tried them on yet, there is a lot of nice stuff there. Iris may be subjectd to a fashion show this afternoon. I have been out of my "normal" clothes for so long I have to reassess what I have and see what fits and dream up new clothes combinations for work. I'm still lacking in a few areas.. I need more pants and a comfortable pair of dress casual shoes that don't look like something my Mom would wear.

I am going to try and have photos in every blog post now. So, here are some for today.

Iris on Monday holding up a rattle that I put in her hand. I really doubt she knew what she was doing... but she was shaking a rattle, on purpose or not! Amazing!

Also, for reasons of vanity. Here is a picture of me when I was 17 and had modeling photos done.
I never actually got prints done, my Mom wouldn't pay for them, but I had the contact sheet... and I was beautiful. Ah, to be 17 again.

<< Home