Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm out of milk.

I have been having cereal for breakfast since I found out I was pregnant. Up until that point I rarely bought milk at all. Now there's always milk and yogurt and calcium related stuff. Babies start using up the calcium in your bones if you don't get extra. Yesterday I finished teh last of the milk and totally forgot to tell Chris to buy more on his way home. Today I get out my bowl and then I remember... Obviusly my life is pretty easy if I'm this bummed about not getting cereal. Instead I had coffee with way too much vanilla creamer and leftover mexican rice and a burn hamburger patty.

Chris has been starting and ending work late on Thursdays this month. It is kind of nice having him here in the am a little longer but I hate that he isn't home till 7:30. The extra hour and a half is truely an eternity.

This morning he was gone before I started to pump after feeding her. I put her down in her crib and pray that she'll be entertained enough to not start crying while I sit helpless in the chair with no top on. ( heh) I sing to her, changing the lyrics to songs that pop into my head. For example "Don't cry for me Argentina" from Evita becomes "Don't cry for me Iris Bukrey" and the lyrical changes go down hill from there. I've made up songs since I was very small, my Mom wrote about it in this book she bought me called "To my Daughter, with love". It has all these blank spaces inside where you can write about all this different stuff about your life and their life in it. Reminds me that I wouldn't mind getting one for Iris. If I don't write about some of this stuff now I'll never remember!

Anyway... She started to cry and I put the tv on channel 23 which I don't get but has some great static white noise. Often it doen't work, but it sure did today! She's still passed out upstairs in her crib. Of course, having said that she will now wake up and commence crying again. I'm scared that I won't hear her crying over the static on the baby monitor. This is an irrational fear since her cry can definitely be heard over the static.

I wrote an email to the woman wo writes a blog I read a lot yesterday. She probably won't email me back. I feel like a big nerd about the whole thing, I'm sure I was gushing in the email about how much I liked her blog and how much we have in common.

Someone is stirring in their crib upstairs. So this is going to end abruptly...

One more thing quickly. Theonly kind of yogurt I eat are Whips! from Yoplait. They make some chocolate mousse ones now and they are SO GOOD! That's all I have to say!

<< Home