Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Wednesday already...

Ah another day off. Time for catch up.

I had a really lazy Saturday, I think I window shopped on eBay all day. Kind of a waste, but I think I needed a day like that.

I plan to make up for it today with a heroic amount of laundry, and I think I really can install my closet organizer by myself. My motivation for this is to hang up all my shiny new maternity clothes and get rid of the box in my room.

On Monday Chris and I went to my monthly prenatal Dr's appointment. I think I mentioned earlier that I was concerned that I didn't have a live baby anymore because I have still not gained any weight and I wasn't showing at all yet. All was made better at the appointment though, we heard the baby's heartbeat, strong and steady. Dr. Jenkin said that I could still eat ramen even though it has WAYYYYY too much salt in it, because since my blood pressure is fine the sodium has no bearing on my pregnancy. Chris mentioned about my super ramen, and this is what I do to doctor it up: One tea spoonful of Thai curry paste (I use pad prihk king paste, but red works too) and a generous spoonful of chunky peanut butter. I add that at the beginning, while I wait for the water to boil. Then ad noodles and seasoning packet as directed. I usually add peas at the end so they are barely cooked. There you have it... instant easy Thai noodle soup :D YUM! I eat the whole packet, so that's easily 1900mg of sodium.
Oh, btw... Why do I call ramen Ichiban ( which is a brand)? What does ichiban MEAN? Maybe it's a BC thing... Or am I just weird.
After my next Dr's appointment I will get another ultrasound, we shall see if baby co-operates with us finding out the sex. HOW EXCITING!

I went on a mini shopping spree this past weekend as well. I bought this
this
and this on Sunday.
( that was odd.... it kept underlining everything in blue unless I went to the next line. :/)
Then after the Dr. on Monday I went and bought a pair of maternity pants at Kohl's for $7.00, and 4 shirts and a pair of capri pants at Fashion bug for $19.78! Pretty incredible hey... I love a good sale ( heh, sometimes I really am turning, into my mother)

Today is groundhog day. in puxatawny, PA. the groundhog saw his shadow. Fortunately for me, the ground hog in Sun Prairie did not. So, early spring for us, but not them, na na na na na!

Ok!

We were a little alarmed when ladybird ( the cat) did not appear for breakfast. Chris found her in the basement guarding a mouse she had played with to death. This actually got me out of bed at 7:30 am on my day off. What a sight, to see the little cat tossing this mouse 4 feet in the air and chasing it. Once she brought it in the kitchen, Chris put it outside. *sigh... She's all grown up now.

~ciao.



<< Home