Saturday, July 08, 2006

Home alone

sort of.

Chris is at a state exam for some state/federal job he applied for and I am home alone with the baby. The baby who is sleeping. It's coming up on two hours, so I'll be up to wake her soon. She always sits up when we put her to bed now and subsequantly sleeps with her legs folded underneath her and her little pj clad diaper butt in the air. Precious.

We have been cutting down trees in the yard on days when I am off and we can take Iris to daycare. Yesterday was one of those days and since Chris had a job interview first thing I took Iris to daycare. she would crawl off away from me and then really stay close, pulling on my purse, which I held on my lap and pulling up and then leaning on my knees. She is a Momma's girl. She cried when I went to leave and of course I can't reisist peeking in the window one last time to see her, see her see me and crumple. ( stupid, stupid) I hate to leave her. It's going to get worse when she gets older I'm sure.

Shadow had a few scabs on his body which I assume means that he got in a cat fight one of the times he went outside. This is exactly why I hate letting him out when we aren't also going to be outside. Silly isn't it... he's a cat and I am so over protective of him. Part of this stems from the x-ray he got that showed that some asshole shot him with a BB when we were living at the old apartment.

Garden is doing alright. It gets a little more sun since we got rid of a very leafy mulberry tree growing nearby. a couple of my zucchini plants got smooshed by a falling tree, but the ones that get the most sun are doing well. Carrots, two kinds of basil, sage, dill cucumbers and tomatos ( roma and cherry). On their way. The five extra patio tomatoe that we just put in the ground last week are really happy in their new sunny home and the six geraniums I bought for a quarter each are blooming! Except for one that is almost going to bloom. I have to go around and take pictures. Maybe tomorrow.

<< Home