Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hump day.

Here we are, mid week and over the hump.. so to speak.

I am going in for two hours of off desk time this morning and then back at five for a regular shift. This am I am doing a little training with my new circ person and meeting with the director about the hiring of a new shelver since I am losing one in July. I have gotten all my off desk hours in this week and now just have regular desk time till I begin "the new schedule" on Monday. Should be cool. I will have so much time to get everything done and do some enrichment to become better at my job.

Iris is back to normal this week more or less. Mostly just waking once at around 4-5am and then up for good around 5:30-6:30am. I don't know where she gets this early morning chipper attitude. Certainly not from her Father or I.

I have lupins, foxgloves and sweet wiliam blooming. Wildflower seeds planted, daisies with buds, butterfly bush growing like crazy, oh.. and the garden is very happy as well! I have carrots, cucumbers, onions, three kinds of basil, dill, zuchini sprouted two tomato plants flowering and a couple other things planted that I don't think have germinated yet. I'm so excited to be able to harvest stuff later in the summer! I missed having a garden!

I signed up for WIC this week to get a break on formula for Iris and some things we buy anyway at the grocery store like milk , cheese, beans etc. I have mixed feeling about signing up for somethign like this, but it's only temporary and I know we will still have to borrow money to pay the mortgage and a couple bills at the end of the month. Not much longer now.. I'm sure things will get better soon.


Iris and our friend Mariah's son Owen. Looks a little like flirting... It's started! *eeek.

<< Home