Sunday, February 19, 2006

I'm better than I thought.

Well, I left the interview feeling... Mostly just relieved that it was done and it was out of my hands now. I was jelly when I got home and sprawled on the sofa. Thinking, thank god it's over. Almost not caring whether I got the job or not. I also started in on the whole "I definitely didn't get it" statements, followed by, "I'm saying that so if I do get it I'll be ultra excited". I had pauses, I said ah, like and hmmm more than I ought to have.

On Sunday my boss called and said they were doing second interview and could I come down sometime on Monday. I picked my time, so at 1:00pm I went down to the library.

I had to do a written "test". This was a sample of a memo I would send to Pat about a certain situation at the Circ desk and how I handled it. Then I had to show how I would set up a simple database in Excel for some Circ statistics. Then after half an hour alone working on this I was asked some follow up questions. She said that she liked my enthusiasm and that I had really thought about this a lot. Then she said "When I offer you the job will you accept it?". I smiled and raised an eyebrow and repeated "when you offer me the job...". Hhehehehehehehe! I would say YES!

SO anyway, I am the new circulation supervisor at the P.L. Yay me! After some initial awkwardness with another staff member (whom I consider a friend) I think things will be really great. I "start" next Monday but because of the time needed to hire another circ assistant and the way we are covering Jean's shift already now I probably won't be starting a new schedule until after I come back from our trip to Canada.

Now for the TMI that is completely unrelated to this new job stuff. I commented to Chris that I am going to become anemic from the near-hemoraging I am going through this week. When I got home from work he had beef tenderloin marinating and he had al the stuff to make an awesome spinach dinner salad. Iron rich! I married a prince, a true prince. This is even nicer than when he made a sausage and pepperoni pizza and rearranged it so it was half pepperoni and half sausage and saved me the pepperoni half! We accidentaly left it out on the counter.. So I never actually ate any of it, but it is seriously the thought that counts.

<< Home