Friday, February 10, 2006

Come on big money!

The federal part of my tax refund was deposited in our bank account today! Momma needs a new pair of shoes! Maybe a few shirts... We are taking Iris to daycare pretty quickly and we have plans to go to Madison and do some shopping at Yue Wah to stock up on our asian food. Every few months we go and get spice mixes and coconut milk.. noodles, tofu and the like. They only take cash there and it's in the "ghetto" part of Madison, but!it has every kind of ethnic food you could want and it's so cheap! We can make thai food at home as good as at any restaurant and that is a good thing. I think we are also going to try and go out for sushi. Every other friday we have a morning off from Iris while she is at daycare and I don't have to work. Today is that day. Usually we sleep a little later and then go out for breakfast after we drop her off but this morning I made us get up early! Well, at 7am.. which sure feels early when you've been up twice in the night feeding a baby.

Nikki's post that I read this am made me nostalgic for music. This happened the other day as well when she quoted lyrics from a song I really like that I recognised the lyris to. I had to go dig through my mp3s on cd and listen. A lot of the songs on these cd's are like that. The songs that mark a time, a place or a person in your life. I just realized that all the songs that have meaning to me are from the past. I am not adding any new songs to my life soundtrack! I have to start listening to the radio again. I think that's the only way to hear the new stuff and have it become a part of your memories.

Iris got her passport in the mail yesterday. Her little head is so round!I can't believe tis thing is good till 2011! She'll be so mad that her picture is from when she was 5 months old!

The unemployed thing is getting to Chris. He didn't get the job at Duluth Trading and I think that his confidence is slipping. We discussed how I think he has to step up his search... the way he does it. I wrote a basic follow up letter for him that I told him to personalize and said he should get it done while I was at work yesterday. he did and it's really good. I think it really helped him realize all that he has to offer, and how maybe he isn't conveying it to pospective employers. We talked about how it hurt him to have me basically say "suck it up and do it" but he agreed with the basic point of what I was saying. I felt good about starting the letter for him and how it helped him get over his block. I think that it will help his search to have more job specific cover letters and also a follow up letter a week or so after his initial application. It could be the thing that sets him apart from people that may be equal to him in experience. I think it's competitive out there and I know how great Chris is at what he does and we have to get employers to see that too.

Well, I should go get ready for our morning out.

*buhbye.

<< Home