Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm ok, I'm ok.

Yesterday we took Chris' car to VW to get his coolant sytem checked since he had been topping it up with water when it became low. We both drove up, since they were probably keeping it over night. I made him take Iris with him since I was really nervous about driving to Madison. Silly, I know but I'm just uncomfortable driving to places I haven't ever been before. So, we dropped it off and then we went to East Towne Mall to look at winter coats. I said, no black and tried on coats at 3 stores before ending up at the ne we started at and picking out a black coat. It fit really nicely so I was overcome. When we took it up to the counter to pay the lady asked if could wait a few days for it and proceeded to give me a friends and family coupon to use Friday and get an additional 25% off. So she put my name on it and hung it in the back for me. We left feeling happy about nice people in the world and I made a very heavy casserole for dinner with leftover thanksgiving turkey breast.

Fast forward to this morning. I misread myalarm clock and thought it was 9 when it was actualy 8am. Then the phone rings at 8:15. "maybe it's someone calling you for a job!" I say. "or VW" he says back to me. Right, VW.... and back to sleep we both go. When we got up for good and I checked the phone for a message I found that the guy at VW had indeed left us a message and the Jetta needs just over $1100 in repairs. GREAT! because there aren't other things I'd rather spend a thousand bucks on... like, the mortgage. Oh wait, that's not all. We have an appointment to take Bob back in to the vet to see how his thyroid medicine is working. So that's another $130.

My mother booked a flight for Chris, Iris and I to come visit at the end of March. That's something nice to look forward to. She said to buy the coat anyway, that she would pay for it. This was after I said I didn't know if I would now since we needed to spend all that money on the damn car. So I'm going to put it on my Visa and she'll pay the bill. Really, we are so lucky that our parents are so supportive of us. I'm sure that things will turn for the better soon. I'll be applying for the Circulation supervisor job when J retires, ( I think I just mentioned that the other day) and Chris will find a job. Keep on keeping on. Everynight is a crap shoot with Iris, every day is a new chance. Right. Now, to sooth my soul.

~Night

<< Home