Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Some like it hot.

While I write this entry I keep pausing to eat this really spicy nasi goreng that I made for lunch. Nasi goreng is indonesian fried rice, in case you haven't had it before. It leaves me with this irresistable tingle on my lips and tongue.. It just makes me want to eat it more. The same thing happens when Chris and I go out for Thai food. After a few gasps of air we NEED MORE NOW!. Iris may not like me much later, but... YUM! Not to mention the fact that I think we are having falafel for dinner and I'm going to make Uber garliccy tzatsiki to go with it.


Iris is snoring beside me in her bouncy seat right now. I love working part time, a 4 hour shift just flies by and that I get to pick her up from daycare and spend the rest of the afternoon giving her cuddles and watching her smile. I don't know why she gets so cranky for Chris in the evenings. At least.. on Monday evening while I am at work. I don't recall her being really awful when we are both home on the other nights. Perhaps it's that parenting amnesia.. the kind that makes you even consider having more when only a month ago you were saying NEVER AGAIN. Heh.

It's turning out to be a very nice fall. I have ot wear a coat in the mornings, but when I go outside after work it is not cold at all anymore. Leaves are starting to turn, mostly just yellow, but the virginia creeper is the first thing around me to turn this bright red color. This is in my back yard on the river.

I see a nap with my daughter in my future. Her steady sleepy breathing is better than a sleeping pill I swear.

I can count six asian beetles on the walls and ceiling in my line of sight from my computer chair. This is one thing about fall and spring that I hate. The bugs are AWFUL. Plus, these beetles bite. Sorry I don't have much else to say.. but a new post is a new post.

I'll leave everyone with a thought. At our wedding party, all the women put on wedding dresses. Really, doesn't that sound like a party to you?


<< Home