Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday...


Another week. Well then, what happened?

I worked Friday morning. Afterward I went a bought Chinese food at Grand China for us to have for lunch. Mostly I bought it for the fortune cookies.

When Chris was laid off from Apac in Chicago right after I moved to the States we gave up the lease on his apartment, stayed at his parents condo for a month ( they weren't there) and then moved to Stoughton in September. Once in a while, because it was inexpensive we would get Chinese. Some of the fortunes that we got during that time, and even while Chris was at USCellular before he was a coach were really great. The kind of things that make you hopeful when things are kind of rough. For our first wedding anniversary I mounted them on Asian rice paper and put them in a floating frame ( the kind you can see through, so the fortunes were just floating in the center). A symbol you know, of how we can go through anything together.

So, now with things back in a rough patch again, I reach for something that has worked in the past. It was the best Chinese food I've had in a long time, and the fortunes... Well, they were ok.

His: Your uniqueness is more than an outward experience.
Mine: Your original ideas will get you well deserved recognition.

Today we are going to pick up his things from work. A final visit, and end. Later, hopefully a beautiful beginning. I still so bothered though and much more for the betrayal than the actual termination. After all this time... and all he's done for them. Everything for me is so personal, and this just wrenches my guts at how cold it was. I'm an emotional sort of person and in my world, a world with many rules and guidelines based on what is right and what is wrong, there should be reasons! Clear cut reasons and a chance to make things better. No coming in to work and getting sent home. For good.

In with the box of stuff there should be a letter explaining why he was let go. I am both curious and terrified at what it might say. From a company that can so quickly switch from being supportive to cold and senseless, I suppose you never know.



I hope this wasn't too dark a post. Aside from my occasional fretting I really am upbeat. There really isn't a worst case scenario. Even the worst things end up with us all together, even if it is in an apartment and I really don't think it will come to that. Near the end of the month I think that he'll have to be a bit less discerning about what he applies for, but it will all work out in the end.

*cheers.

If I don't post again before then, think of Chris on Sunday. He will be 39 years YOUNG. hehe. He's going to Kill me.

~S


<< Home