Friday, October 21, 2005

Everyday magic.

The coolest thing just happened.I went outside to call Shadow to try and get him to come in because I am a neurotic pet owner and I don't like to leave him out all day. Lucky for me he comes whe he's called... like a dog. A well behaved dog even. Usually I go out once to call and then go it and try again a little while later and he's nearby and ready to come in. Iris was asleep and so I went outside to do phase one. I walked out to the edge of the lawn and took a couple steps down a mowed path into the wild backpart that starts after the lawn. I was pausing trying to find the two fir trees that we planted on either side of this path when I heard a flutter. I looked to my right and was this motion, I thought it was a butterfly. It turned out to be a rather small goldfinch stuck to what I have decided to be "the most evil burr plant ever" If the thing can ensnare a bird, it has serious power.

I pull my sleeves over my hand and go about trying to remove thes burrs from the bird so it can fly away. Which it does a few seconds later. I have not come through this experience unscathed. I spent the next 20 minutes picking burrs out of my shirt. These suckers are highly evolved, it was nearly impossible to get them out.

Other than that... It was my Friday off and I took Iris to daycare and got my hair cut and went to St. Vincent de Paul to see if I could find anything. Boy did I! I got two cardigans, a pair of work pants and a pair of Landsend slip on casual shoes. Plus a bunch of baby stuff for Iris. I spent $30 and got some nice things :D

I just put the rattle on Iris' lap and she picked it up all by herself. As oppesed to me wraping her fingers around it. She is getting really handsy lately. It is so cool to see her evolving. My baby is growing up. *Sniff.


I'll leave you with this picture of me with my hair cut. Can you even tell I got it cut? hehe. Also, Iris and I and one of my sleepy baby in her ducky outfit.


<< Home