Saturday, November 26, 2005

Friday/Tuesday

I know, I know. It's Saturday... But! I am talking about yesterday, which was actually Friday but I had to constantly remind myself that it wasn't Tuesday.

Congratulations are in order. I finally planted the daffodil bulbs that I couldn't help myself from buying months ago because they were like 75% off at Walmart. I knew that I shouldn't have walked past to see if they were on sale, and then I knew that I would have no time to plant them because of the new center of the universe, Miss Iris Bukrey. but... I DID IT! It was after teh first snowfall, and freezing cold outside, but those babies are in the ground! ( by babies.. I mean bulbs. No babies were harmed in the making of this blog entry)

I work at noon today. Which means I should probably feed the baby before I go, but she's sleeping... we'll see if she wakes up in the next 15 minutes I may do it.

Yesterday a library patron that I haven't seen since before I had the baby said it was nice to have me back. It made my day. The little things... you know. Plus Wendy ( a new shelver at work) said she had something for Iris. I know she knits a lot so maybe it's a knit.. something. I'm quite anxious to find out.

We went to the inlaws for thanksgiving. The usual 2.5 hour trip took four hours. Mainlt because one 20 mile stretch of road was totally stop and go and took two hours! Thank got I has some milk in the car to put in a bottle for Iris or she could have been majorly cranky. Luckily on the way home the traffic was fine and she was an angel... sleeping the whole way home. I think she knw that momma and daddy's nerves couldn't have standed a crying jag at the end of the day. I'm getting ahead of myself though. We went up Wednesday, had a great dinner when we arrived of Lasagna and salad and bread. Oh.. and PIE. My mother-in-law makes the BEST pie ever. So even though I had eaten way too much in the first place I still had pie. On Thursday we had a repeat of too much food with all the regular turkey day favorites.

Iris got a cute pink breast cancer bear from her great grandma in Fl. ( by-way of grandma and grandpa who had just been down to visit. I guess they had a fundraiser or something there and they gave them out to all the survivors.

I have to get going.. but I had to mention... Thanks to Aunt Joan who apparently ready my blog and gave me the best compliment and made my day. She said that she liked my writing style and compared it to an author I quite admire. I always liked the way I write and this is the first time anyone has ever said anything. So, I'll be walking on that cloud all day. *beams.

~till next time.

<< Home