Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The 28th anniversary of my birth.

Ahhhh. Here we are again. Another year older. Most definetly an adult, certainly late twenties. Really the age doesn't bother me. Although I wouldn't mind hitting pause, and possibly having Iris go to sleep easily. It doesn't seem to be happening though.

So, on my birthday it snowed, was well below freezing and seriously had the coldest windchill I've felt since.. well, last winter. I had to work on my regular day off at this inservice and I had to go to an unpaid work helth fair and get a flu shot. On a more positive note, there was a really nice card for me propped up against the coffee maker when I got up and when I gone home between the inservice and the health fair there was a gift ( flannel pj's, yay!)and a card from Iris. Who knew she could write. That baby is totally holding out on me.

We made bbq boneless country pork ribs with rice and lima beans for dinner. Since I really like this food, it was a perfect birthday dinner. I think the first one I've eaten at home in a LOOOOONG time. Chris made me orange dreamsicle cake for dessert and bought me 3 lottery tickets So if i don't post for a while.. cross your fingers that I won enough to quit my job and go on vacation with a full time nanny. ( yeah right) Maybe just a night nanny.

Well, I'm tired, have a headache, my arm kind of hurts and the baby is fighting us on going to sleep. I'm going to go to bed in my fuzzy new pj's and hopefully get some cuddles from my husband. Except for the work and the flu shot, it was a very nice day. A day with surprizes, and that my friends is a good day indeed.



<< Home