Saturday, January 21, 2006

Happy six months and one day baby girl!


Yesterday, the twentieth, was Iris' six month birthday. Lucky for her since we don't have insurance right now, she didn't get three shots in the leg. She is teething, though there are no teeth poking through yet. She feels them though because she now makes this "monkey face" feeling her gums with her tongue and thus poking her bottom lip out. It's quite cute.

I can't believe how much fun she is becoming. When I pick her up she puts her arms around my neck. Sometimes when I'm holding her she grins and buries her face in my chest or my shoulder, as if things are just too funny and she can't take it anymore. She grabs at our faces, often holding onto my lip or my chin. I like the way her small palm feels pressed against my chin. This week she has added green beans to her new food tastes. They were a hit. This Sunday we will add a new vegetable, possibly carrots? We actually stocked up at the grocery store and bought a weeks worth of everything they had in first foods because they had a sale.

Chris has another job interview at Duluth on Monday. I'm so excited! They must really be interested to see him so many times. I turned in my application for Circ. Supervisor on Thursday. I don't think there are any other internal applicants, unless someone else turned one in late. They are still advertising it in the papers and in the inter-library email. I get an automatic interview because I am internal. So, that will be some time after the 3rd of Feb. There is even space open at daycare for extra hours, so everything is sort of falling into place. I really want this job. It's 30 hours a week and $15.99 an hour. Weeee. Plus it's the only management job at the library that doesn't require a masters degree.

The other day I saw a beautiful sunset out the door on the second floor. I came downstairs to snap a few shots. It was more beautiful through my eyes. It looks more like spring than the middle of January. Even the tempurature has been decidedly spring-like. Luckily, and some may disagree with me, it snowed last night. Thus restoring winter to the area. The state of the weather nowadays really does alarm me. The tornados are much more frequent than they were, and there really isn't that much snow. Snow, that incedently would be insulating my perennials and other less cold hardy plants against the cold that will invariably return this winter. Spring is on it's way... I know because the seed and plant catalogues have begun to arrive.

Here is a shot of last night's snow. Chris actually measured it on the table, 5 inches. It's very pretty while it lasts and because there was no wind, or rain it is all still coating all the tree limbs in my overgrown back yard. Winter wonderland again. Yay.

We have all been really sick all week. Seriously the worst cold I have had in many years. Iris had the saddest little baby cough. Breaks your heart to hear it. So we've had the humidifier on at night, as well as saline spray for her little nose, Vicks baby rub, her mattress propped at one end and judicious use of the bulb syringe ( aka snot sucker). Fortunately we are all on the mend. I was sickest first, so I think I feel the best so far, but Chris never whines about being sick as much as me... So I think he's feeling pretty good as well. I hope to get to the stairs this weekend... But I just don't know if it will happen... Maybe by Wednesday.

~Cya later.

<< Home