Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new year.

I've never been one for resolutions and this year is no different. I don't see why at one specific part of the year you decide to do things that you could have been doing all along.

Here I am on the morning of the first day of 2006. I'm dressed to finish up pulling staples out of the stair risers, followed by sanding and possibly today- painting. I'll post pictures when we are done. Chris noted that he now has several new painting shirts, refering to all the uscelluar logo'd apparel he's aquired over the years.

Last night Chris and I enjoyed the new years eve picnic basket that Fran and Dick gave us at Christmas. It really is the most fun way to eat... To graze. There were fancy mixed nuts, an italian salami, smoked salmon, crackers, fancy cheese spread and of course a great bottle of pink champagne. We watched a movie, ( mediocre) gave the baby a bath( in the middle of watching the movie) and then more snacking and the rest of the champagne. Somehow we ( mostly me, Chris stays up late most nights) managed to stay up till midnight. Chris resolved to be employed in 2006 ( heh). An odd resolution.

I got my truck back this week after it being away for a week. $568.00 later... The bright side I suppose is that I had like $2500 of work done on it because of the recalls.

My computer speakers are making a tapping noise. It is very annoying.

Iris started out 2006 right by rolling over from her tummy to her back for the first time.. that we had seen anyway.She also can sit up by herself for short periods of time. I imagine she'd be better at it if I were a better parent and did more tummy time, floor time etc. I'm still adjusting, or so I say, to this parenting thing. I should probably be doing more. She is a very good baby though, happy and growing! I really want to know how much she weighs.
Here I am feeding Iris her first rice cereal. She has now moved on to oatmeal, which she seems to prefer. Next week we will probably introduce some sort of fruit or vegetable. It is so cool to watch her eat. She "knows" how to do it. Like she was born to eat... oh wait... :D
Here is Iris inspecting her pacifier seconds after yanking it from her own mouth. Isn't she beautiful! * Sighs the proud parent.

This will be a very exciting year for Iris.. and her parents. We'll be seeing everything through new eyes. I hope everyone can look at things with fresh eyes also.

*cheers

[This post was made under duress following threats by evil friend and fellow blogger Madame DeBarge.]

<< Home