Thursday, April 06, 2006

I am still alive. I think.

We are back home. Our trip was great, albiet fast and jam-packed. The return trip blew. Bad weather in Chicago made us leave late and then get diverted to a small airport in Rochestor, MN. We spent at least an hour on the runway in the stuffy plane and then flew to Chicago. Once in Chicago we collected our luggage and the wheels on on eof the large suitcases had broken off. This made it extremely hard to carry everything since we had a baby along for the trip and had packed accordingly. The next enourmously fun thing to do, at 1:30 am was to get a cab to pick us up. There were many, many other people that had to do the exact same thing. Chris eventually go through on the cell phone that almost had a dead battery, luckily it held out till they called us back to tell us the number of the cab that was coming to get us. We spent the night at Chris' parents in Evanston and went home in the morning. A little bit of packing and a shower later I went to work.

I have worked a lot this week and done interviews to fill a place at work. I can't wait till I start working my new schedule and can actually get everything done.

My crocus' are blooming, daffodils are budding and tulips are poking out of the ground. I love spring. Except for the weather that made my return trip so not fun. Incedently, Iris was a great traveller. She also seemed to improve the day of everyone we came across along the way. She is beautiful, she has a tooth, she can crawl backwards.

<< Home