Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday...

Iris loves the cats. She shrieks when she touches them, usually the touch is grabbing fistfuls of kitty hair. I am a bit surprised at how patient they are with her. Lady mostly avoid her, but she does that to us too if we come at her suddenly. Bob is so old I think he really has no idea what might happen and he just sits there while she makes these gleeful noises and pulls on his ears or handfuls of hair from his body. He will sit next to her and rub his face against her hand, the old man is attention starved. He can take the child's rough love. Shadow is a cross between the two, he occasionally rubs up against her, marking her as if she were a grown ups leg or a piece of furniture. She will grab his tail and he will simply move out of her reach and meow at her as if asking her to please not to that.. He's trying to sleep. She likes to grab at their paws, Bob has no front claws so it's a non-issue, but Shadow has very long, sharp claws and he never swats at her. He is a gentle guy, she is his baby too.

I've been having some work drama. Right now it seems pretty good though, so I'm not going to jinx it be rehashing it either in my head or in here. I will not listen to second hand information, I will not over think -- This is my new mantra. I have a six day week coming up, all on desk. I say.. Bring it on! I'll be tired, but Hopefully I'll be able to get some things done in the down times... If there are down times.

Iris can crawl backwards. She is working on going forwards. She has two teeth and may be working on the top front ones. She is learning how to manipulate her body to make it do the things she wants it to do. It's really neat to watch. She is still not sleep as well at night as we would like. Or napping during the day for that matter. It's not consistent and this is what is the hardest for us. She's amazing. Wondrous really. Children are such a mystical thing... Everyday is something new. I'm still in awe, even through all the trying moments. I still don' t want anymore... But this one we have is great.


Iris in the cardboard box that I got in the mail.

Iris on the move.

<< Home