Friday, July 21, 2006

Giddy.

I'm on my second glass of wine. I'm happy, happy and giddy. Full of possibility.

The neighbour is removing trees for the couple that bought the lot between us. I guess he tried to buy it, but he needed two weeks to get the money and they person selling was eager to sell. So anyway, he got the job to clear the lot from the people that bought it and he is also getting rid of all our scrub trees while he is at it. He is also getting rid of various crap that was way in the back near the river and the chicken coop. There is so much light now... It's beautiful. It's a huge mess right now with downed trees everywhere and MUD mud mud, but.. soon, it will be smooth mud, sloping into the river. The river that we can now see. SEE! Seriously.. is so awesome... Beautiful light, sunsets in summer. Normally we only see sunsets in winter and it is straight ahead on the river.. and all the leaves are gone, but now when the sun is more to the north west, there is sun set.

Iris. Beautiful, beautiful child. 21lbs 8oz and 28.5" tall. Smallish head, 20th percentile. Lovely head, beautifully perportionate to her perfect baby body. I've never put much stock in those percetages... Except to brag when she was especially large. She is developmentally ahead of the game with her solid standing and almost walking self. She got a Little People farm from Chris' parents for her birthday. It is very cool and much more fancy that the version from when I was small. All the animals have their spot, and make the animals noise when pressed. Iris likes this a lot. We got her a pink ball and some new clothes today. I really don't want to go crazy with toys the way it seems like some people do. I don't want the poor thing to get ADD. Too much going on and she freaks out. So, we brought out the familiar... Her colors book, her Fisher Price rings. Happy happy.

Chris got an email from a company that he got a kiss off letter from last weekend today. They want to do a phone interview with him for a customer service supervisor position they have open. WEEEEE! Come on fancy new fridge and stove. :D

This is rather long winded and I have been off the wine for hours and am ready for bed. I am happy and full of hope. I can see the river and the sun set. Things are starting to happen and I can't wait.






-Night.

<< Home