Monday, September 06, 2004

The weekend went so fast.

I guess I should be used to it by now. I've been noticing lately how quickly time passes. Starkly contrasted to how s l o w l y time went when I was young. I wish it would pass at even a fraction of how it once did.

Considering Chris and I had 2 days off together, you'd think that we would get a lot done. We didn't. We burned some things on Sunday, and that is about it. Chris tried out the chain saw, cut up some of the trees I had previously cut down with the pruning saw in a fit of industry. We added to the stack of logs and burned the spindly left over brush that isn't big enough to stack, as well as some raspberry canes I had cut down last weekend. I don't want to compost them for fear of getting poked later.

Chris moved the old rusty burn barrels off the cement platform of the old well. One broke right away, leaving a pile of black ashy compost in the yard. Not a big deal, we'll just rake it out and pull out the bits that did not burn. We think this is how he wrenched his back. I guess he's been taking ibuprofen all day and it still hurts. It must really hurt because it's usually me that likes to complain about my pains. ( I don't think of it as complaining though, just.. discussing)

On Friday we went to the Sarah McLaughlan concert in Milwaukee. Chris and I, my friend Shawna and her friend John. We went out for Indian food first, it was really good. Our seats were pretty good, on the side about 10 rows up. You had to twist your neck the whole time, but other than that, they were not bad for a stadium seat. The concert was really good. They did a bunch of encores and played everything I would have wanted to hear. The opening act ( butterfly boucher) was good too.

Today, not much was accomplished. I scrubbed the walls of the shower and that's about it. In a fit of decadence I decided to make crab dip for dinner. Not as an appetizer... as the only thing. * It was really good.

I went and dug up some mystery plants in the neighbours woods today. ( just to the left of here. I think they are some kind of rhiozome, like an iris or something. Maybe a day lily? They didn't have as many leaves, nor were they as wide as an iris, but they were growing in rather dense woods, so hopefully they are actually "something" and not just some kind of grass. We shall see. near where I dug these up there is an area that is all wild mint, or rather mint gone wild. It smells wonderful. I may got back for some of that later, I only brought a narrow transplanting trowel. In case you were wondering... I have "permission" to walk etc on the neighbours property. Not to dig up their plants persay, but I really don't thinkit matters. it's just deer food anyway. ( *see sarah rationalize theft)

Tomorrow I open at the library. It is the day after a holiday. The book drop is going to be INSANE! It stresses some poeple out, but I think it's fun to try and get it all done. Books and videos piled high on the counter, a montain creeping out of the book drop closet! Not to mention the boxes of interloan we are sure to get. Oh... and the patrons them selves. Regular check-outs and Checkins... Trying to keep the straigt... Knowing what to back date etc! I like the challange :D

Wednesday we have a staff inservice. I have to work on my day off :( As well as stand infront of everyone (along with my group) and give a deomonstration on workplace ergonomics.

Fun fun.

Next weekend we are going to Mercer to see Chris' parants, then on the 13ths my Mom is coming to visit for a week. Busy!

need a vacation.


<< Home