Monday, August 09, 2004

Time flies when you are having fun.

Chris got a bonus check at the end of July. So, instead of paying the mortgage and having none left over, we actually had extra money for a bit. Last Saturday there was a sidewalk sale in town and I got 2 skirts and a dress for $62 ! That's less than the dress was orginally. I love sales. LOVE!

I also got the swing that I've had my eye on for the whole spring/summer. They had marked it down to 100$ from 128 and there were 2 in boxes and the demo left. When the weekend rolled around only the demo was left and we got them to bring it down to $80 for a few tears and some rust. The swing converts to a flat hammock type thing as well, which is why I liked it so much. Eventually, we will move it out in the yard closer to the river, but first we have to cut down a bunch of tree's.

So this week we bought a chainsaw ( makes chainsaw noises), a wheel barrow and a flat edged shovel. Best of all, we got a 8x8 gazebo at Menards for $42! It was such a good price we couldn't pass it by, even though I rode home from Madison with my seat as far forward as it goes. I couldn't feel my knees when we got home. Ahh, the sacrifices one makes for a gazebo.

We made a small dent in clearing off the dirt from the foundation closest to the house today. It isn't much, just 3-4 inches, but it is all full of roots, so it is a bit more difficult that we thought it would be. Oh, I forgot that we also bought one of those half barrel planters for the front yard to sit on top of where there was an old hollow stump planter that had rotted away. We put a bunch of beer cans in the bottom, then a bunch of dirt from the foundation and I transplanted some brown-eyed susans from some containers in the back. Needless to say, after this weekends work, my hands are dry and very sore.

I work a few extra shifts this week too. An 8 hour day at the library... Plus I work there Weds on my day off. Oh well. More money and I like working at the library.

Ok, I must go get clean and ready for work.

ciao.

<< Home