Tuesday, June 01, 2004

mother nature is a tease.

Well, lately anyway. It was so sunny and beautiful this morning when I got up. I had been under the impression that I had this sweet deal worked out where I had glorious weather whenever I wanted. Case in point, our wedding. Picture this: Northern Wisconsin, mid-April. The week before there was a foot of snow and then on the day it was glorious sunny and 85f. Amazing. Perhaps it's just our relationship that is blessed, not the weather for our daily lives.

Poor Chris, vacuuming water in the basement just to have it rain more and then have to do it again. The forecast is for 3 rain free days this week, and then rain again for Chris' day's off. It's just not his spring so far.

At long last, we have installed the pantry cupboard next to the fridge. I use the term we loosely, I think I was watching TV or outside when he did it. I put the shelves in. Isn't that the most important part? ( hew) Chris is going to Home Depot today to exchange the wrong size counter piece fore the right size piece. Possible even get the corner cupboard door that has been reordered 3 times already. I wonder if Home depot screws up as much with everyone else as they have been with our things. I feel like they own me a free gift card or something.

ok.. more later. I need food.

...later...
Ok. Chris went and picked up the replacement countertop piece from HD after work. Guess what!? it's the wrong size again. Un-believeable. First we brought it back because they gave us a 7 1/8" inch wide piece when it was supposed to be 9 1/8". So now... they made one that is 9 7/8", I guess they thought someones 1 was a 7. :| I really think they owe us for this. so, 2 reorders for the counter, and 4 reorders for the corner cabinet door. A case of ones at least right... * heh. We have decided Chris can better manipulate some one in customer service than I can. So sometime soon the manager at HD will get a phonecall. I'll keep you posted on what they *do*
to make me happy.

Might be able to figure out how to add pictures to this later. I have yet to learn about ftp-ing and all that tech-ish stuff. Till then, there are some pics of the house and such in my yahoo photo album. See it here: http://photos.yahoo.com/bettyevil

Thanks to friends who peek in here and others who wander in somehow. Off to go read.


<< Home