Wednesday, June 09, 2004

gardening is an addiction.

Wow, has it really been a week since I last posted. Time flies. Really. Lately I keep sitting back and boggling about how fast everything is going now. I'll blink and be 30.

Well, I'm trying to write about everything I did in the past week. I'll go backwards and maybe I'll remember better.

Yesterday I worked in the morning and Chris picked me up at 12:30 and we went to Madison. Well, first we had to go to Oregon(WI) to drop off the computer at the Fedex drop place for the... 4th? time... I forget It's been this way since the computer first was dropped off. (that's another rant all to its self.) Stopped at HD to drop off the wrong sized countertop piece for the second time. If they can cut it down we can have it back in like a day, if they can't... It will be another 3 weeks. They also estimate that my corner cabinet cupboard door (reordered 4 or 5 times already)will be here on the 10th. Lunch: We went to Chili's. I have never had a blooming onion thing. We ordered one. It was truly, the size of my head. We barely made a dent in it. Then the shop-o-thon begins. Bed bath and beyond for a misto oil sprayer thingy. ( that's the technical name I think) Target to drool over the gazebo I want, also bought citronella candles, a cutlery drawer insert thing that actually holds everything (yay) and bug spray (did I mention I live near a river... and a lot of my property is shady) KOhls for the really really reduced super clearance rack, I found 2 skirts. Famous footwear where I tried on a lot of shoes and didn't find what I wanted. :| Finally, to Shopko, to buy .89c plants! I am now an obsessed gardener. I just bought a flat, 12 containers of various flowers. Mostly annuals. I'm going to do a bed in front of the bushes that I pruned over the weekend.

Wasn't that thrilling then.. I must also mention that during all this Chris pushed the cart, held things I wanted to try on while I was still looking and carried the flat while I selected plants. All after eating a hamburger the size of my cat. ( the kitten, but still!) I'm surprised he stayed awake.

On the weekend I bought a bunch of caladium tubers and pots to plant them in. Oh, and a tomato seed kit. This is also when I pruned these juniper pushes that are in the front on either side of the front steps. They re those grayish ones that are a creeping sort that don't grow up.. They grow out. But anyway, they had spread too much for my liking and there was a tonn of mostly dead under growth. Now they look more like large bonsai. I also dug up a bunch of ferns that were growing up through the shrub and brought them to work to give away. The yard is so huge it is just so ripe with possibilities.

ok, now I'm all caught up... The other days I probably didn't do anything of note. worked or sat in the back yard drinking beer and marveling at how pretty it is.



That's my photo album thing.. in a proper link.. (ooohh ahhhhhh)

I am now off to go get ready to plant in the front.

Ciao

<< Home