Friday, August 18, 2006

Things.

There are things to say, I just have not wanted to write. Not in the mood. So here I am playing a little catch up.

Family reunion:
Long weekend up north with Mother-in-laws family. It was fun, lots of food and conversation and booze and... and... Iris met a cousin who is just two months older and they seemed to get along pretty well. There were other new cousins there, but they were all older, I'm sure they'll talk more once... she can talk and they all get together again.

Work:
I hired another shelver, she starts tomorrow. We will miss the one that is leaving.

Home:
Chris got a job. He starts Monday. I think it sounds really interesting and varied, he seems nervous. I'm sure it's just all the time away and he'll fall right back in. My favorite neighbour Gerry/Jerry has cleared some land on the south side of my property where I hope to have a larger, more organized garden next year. I have no idea if it gets enough sun. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Anyway.. the yard is huge and now we have to "do stuff" with it. The possibilities are great... Now, if only the time were as plentiful.

Iris:
Mostly walking. Well, a certain mix of crawling and walking. This morning she wok up and didn't cry till we couldn't take it anymore and went in to get here. She woke up and was playing in her crib till it was almost 8am and I figured I should get up. Mind you, she had been up at 5am to eat... so she should have slept in a little later, but she has been waking up at like 6am no matter when in the night she had last been up. This is not cool with us. We credit the happy wake up with the addition of toys to her crib. Specifically, a big fuzzy pink poodle, a book and a pink plastic turtle. She still takes two naps. She loves daycare and hanging out with her friends. She came home with a fresh bite mark on her back today. Not sure who bit her.


Ok... Not very eloquent, but it's the news. I'll try... but I'm not promising to write a little.. even if it is just the events. Boring, but something. Is that better than nothing?

*shrugs.

~off to bed I go.

<< Home