Sunday, August 20, 2006

Little things.

I was awoken this morning by the squall of my child. ( Technically it was fourth time I had been awoken by the infant since I went to bed last night, but who's counting.) It was after 8:30 so I figured I had better get up and see the two down stairs and make sure Chris wasn't cutting the baby's fingers off for touching his laptop and starting bios. ( The cat can do this, so I'm sure Iris can too)

While all fingers remained intact she did have a fat lip from one of her infamous I-forgot-I-had-arms faceplants. We took pictures... I'll post one later. Teeth all still there, a little split in her lip.. but she's fine. It helps her look tough, a nice balance to her too-cute baby looks.

I was watching her play with sunshine on the floor. Pawing at it as though she could pick it up. I can't wait to show her dust in sunshine, like pixie dust, sparkling in the air. I am often struck by the wonder of all she has to learn. With everything new, it will be new for Chris and I as well. An eye opening experience I bet.

We watched 'The Constant Gardner' last night. It was very good. One of those movies that make you feel small and powerless and ache for the people of the world.

That's it for now.

two posts in two days... scroll down for the other.

<< Home