Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Another thing happened to make me feel old.

A woman came to the library and wanted to know if her fines could be reduced. They were really old, from 1998. Well they were returned in 98, they were 3 years late. ( heh) the weird thing was this woman, who I gathered had 3 kids was younger than me! She looked old, ( is that what 3 kids does to you?) well, not really old, but I assumed her to be older than me. It's odd, your perception of people in relation to you. hrrm. Long story short, the director reduced her fine by half, and I pondered the possibility of having 3 kids. ( eeeek) I think it will be hard to get me to have more than one when the time comes. As much as I think that kids should have a sibling.. ( I'm an only child) We shall see.

Chris has a job interview tomorrow. He applied for this project manager position at US Cellular(where he already works) and didn't get past the prescreen. The later he checked his work email ( he brings his work laptop home on the weekends) he had an appointment for an interview on Thursday. He said he had to reread it a couple times to make sure that it was for him to be interviewed, since he has so many other appointments where he is interviewing people for other jobs.

Ok... I heard the mail man honking as he approached my house, so I ran down to see what was up. I have rural delivery because technically I don't live in "town", even though the people on the south side of me are in town and further away. Anyway, I ran down stairs and outside and he had a package for me. In case you didn't already know this about me, I have a strange obsession with the mail. I LOVE it... even junk mail. So it doesn't really surprise me that I ran outside with out first unlocking the door. ( we can open the door while it is still locked, just can't get back in.) So of course I was freaking out and I ran around back, muttering "SHIT, shit" under my breath. I asked if the mailman if he had a cell phone, he didn't have one with him. He looked at my windows to see if he could open them.. But we have all the storms down. ( shadow was majorly growling at him as he touched the windows, it was hilarious. Good guard cat!) Anyway, normally we have a key hidden outside, but we gave it to our friends that feed the cats when we are away. I had gotten another one made, but I kept forgetting to put it back out. I felt for it anyway... and there was a key there. So, Chris, when/ if you read this. You fucking rock. I so did not want to have to call you at work again to drive home to let me in the damn house. ( the last time this happened, it was February, I had no coat and I had to walk to town to use the phone at city hall to call him.)

So, today I am thankful for 2 things. 1. That my hydrangeas have finally arrived, so now I can really start to think about planting them. and 2. That my husband actually remembered to put a spare key outside again. I'm still relieved about that. ( rolls eyes at self.)


on that note, I am going to start to dream up something amazing to make for dinner to celebrate not being locked out of my own house.

*cheers

Ps: I sure did use a lot of parentheses in this post.

<< Home