Wednesday, June 27, 2007

working title

Last Thursday I had a circ desk shift to cover a vacation day. I normally go in to the library first thing on Thursdays to have the afternoon free. This time, I started at 12:30, so Iris and I got to have a slower start. I like these lazy mornings. I drink two cups of coffee and iris has breakfast a her little table in the living room. When she is done she climbs up next to me in the most impossibly small spot so she can cuddle on my lap. It would be easier if she climbed up on the other side, but I think she must like that I help her up and pull her into place. I can rest my chin on her curly blonde head.

Thursday was also the first day of Summer. It started out sunny and when we went outside to get in the truck we were greeted by butterflies. Many butterflies. There are a lot of red admirals this year and every where you looked you would see them fluttering around.


The other day Iris climbed up onto my lap and I cradled her like an infant. Then I started to sing "rock a bye, baby" to her and she chimed in. She knows the words now after hearing it so many times. My not-so-little baby.

Just last night at bedtime we were reading a story we have read a million time and I turned a page and she said "nonoyousaythatisn'trightthepigssayoinkalldayandnight" it was all together like one word really, but she said everything there. Chis and I were so surprised and thrilled. Every day is like that now. Children are so amazing.

:)

<< Home